Leaders from AT&T, GENBAND, Dell, Texas A&M, and Others Will Speak; Startup Competition will Feature Two Dallas Companies
Arlington, VA. (May 27, 2016) – A wide range of Texas-based tech and telecom companies and organizations will be featured at the upcoming TIA 2016: Network of the Future conference. The Telecommunications Industry Association, the leading association representing the manufacturers and suppliers of high tech communications networks, invites media to attend the event (complimentary press registration is available using the instructions below).
WHO: Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA)
WHAT: TIA 2016: Network of the Future
WHEN: June 6-9, 2016
WHERE: Renaissance Hotel, 2222 N. Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, Texas 75207
The event roster includes participants from Texas-based companies and organizations, ranging from one of the world’s largest mobile carriers to innovative startup businesses:
- Satya Baddipudi, Chief Technology Officer and Executive Vice President of Engineering, DartPoints
- Sanjay Bhatia, Vice President, Solutions Marketing and Strategy, GENBAND
- Jim Cicconi, Senior Executive Vice President, AT&T
- Chris Boyer, Assistant Vice President, Global Public Policy, AT&T
- John Donovan, Chief Strategy Officer and Group President, Technology and Operations, AT&T
- Joel Fontenot, Managing Partner, Trailblazer Capital
- Bob Gessel, Head of Network and Technology Strategy for IoT, Ericsson North America
- Aziz Gilani, Partner, Mercury Fund
- Kevin Hart, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Aireal
- Amanda Hodges, Global OEM Solutions and IoT Marketing Executive Director, Dell
- James Kimery, Director of Marketing, RF Communications and SDR Initiatives, National Instruments
- Ramki Krishnan, Distinguished Engineer, Chief Technology Officer, NFV, Dell Networking
- Dr. Ryan P. McMahan, Assistant Professor of Computer Science and Arts and Technology, University of Texas at Dallas
- Fraser Pajak, Chief Executive Officer, QuEST Forum
- Michelle Reese, Chief Executive Officer, Opus-3
- Stuart Sikes, President, Parks Associates
- David Sparks, Senior Research Scientist, Transportation Operations Group, Texas A&M Transportation Institute
- Ray Watson, Vice President, Global Technology, Masergy
- Michael Zeto, General Manager and Executive Director, Smart Cities, AT&T
As part of TIA 2016, The TIA and Motorola Solutions ICT Startup Challenge will feature the best and brightest innovators and game changers in the ICT industry. Two of the six finalists for the fourth annual ICT Startup Challenge are Dallas-based startups: IndoTraq and Astrapi Corporation. Final round pitches will take place during the TIA ICT Startup Challenge Luncheon on June 7, starting at 12 noon.
Media are also invited to join TIA for an organized tour of the Opus-3 Data and Innovation Center, located in the Dallas area, which will be held on Wednesday June 8, from 1-5pm (attendance for the entire duration of the tour is optional). Media interested in attending must contact Ashley Simmons, using the contact information below.
MEDIA NOTE: Registration for TIA 2016, The ICT Startup Challenge, and the Data Center Tour is free for any credentialed reporter who covers topics relevant to the event. Media must register through the online registration portal using code: TIA2016-PressPass. For more information or questions contact Ashley Simmons at [email protected] or at 202-341-9508.
The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) represents manufacturers and suppliers of global high-tech communications networks through standards development, policy and advocacy, business opportunities, market intelligence, and events and networking. TIA enhances the business environment for broadband, mobile wireless, information technology, networks, cable, satellite and unified communications. Members' products and services empower communications in every industry and market, including healthcare, education, security, public safety, transportation, government, the military, the environment, and entertainment.
TIA is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and is a proud sponsor of ANSI’s Standards Boost Business campaign. Visit www.standardsboostbusiness.org for details.